Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yum In Your Coffee: Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer


As my friends already know and you my lovely readers will catch on to is....I have........a.....dirty little secret.   Shhhhhh  (looks left, looks right) I am a Coffe-O-Holic.  Yes, I stand tall and admit it.  I like hot coffee with cream and iced coffee too.

I decided I wanted to try to make my own cream and was in a coffee house the other day and they were serving a pumpkin spice cream to die for!  I thought, hmmmm I'm sure I can do this.  I just made this cream this morning and a big O-M-G I'm a happy sippin' coffee gal this fine morning.  And my coffee with the pumpkin spice cream is going really goooood with the Spiced Apple Pie Muffins I made this morning too!

What You Need
  • 2 cups half and half ( fat free works well too)
  • 3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
  • 4 tablespoons of real maple syrup (if you use imitation you won't get a full flavor)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • A small saucepan
  • A small canning jar or other air tight container
  • Oh and don't forget to put a pot of coffee on and a mug at the ready!
Ready, Set, Let's MAKE IT!

  • In saucepan mix together half and half, pumpkin puree, the pumpkin spice, and maple syrup over medium heat stirring constantly until it starts to steam.  Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla extract.
  • Strain cream through mesh sieve and store in a glass canning jar or other air tight container for up to 2 weeks.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I am this morning.  I have the UM going in the Y-UM!  Until next time, see you in the kitchen.







Where Meals and Memories are Made





No comments:

Post a Comment