Saturday, November 5, 2011

Buttery Almond Roca Sugar Cookies It's Christmas In Every Bite


I have a love affair once a year with a pretty pink can of Almond Roca and all its creamy toffee buttery crunch wrapped in those little gold wrappers.  I get all giggly just thinking about them.  I get one can in December and I do not share it except to make these cookies.  The rest of the can is mine, mine MINE!  If you've watched Little Nemo the seagull scene comes to mind with them screeching those words.  Years ago I took a butter sugar cookie recipe and mixed it with my Almond Roca and it was love at first bite.  

What You Need

1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter softened at room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped up Almond Roca or other toffee candy
In a glass bowl put some sugar in for coating cookies 

Lets Make Them!
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl, beat on medium speed, scraping bowl often until nice and creamy
  • Reduce speed to low, add flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Beat until well mixed.
  • Stir in toffee bits
  • Shape your dough with rounded tablespoon fulls into 1 1/4 balls and roll in sugar
  • Place your cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet
  • Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a glass into about 2 1/4 inch circles if the glass sticks just dip it in the sugar
  • Bake 10-12 minutes or just until edges are a light brown.  Sprinkle with sugar while cookies are warm.  Let cool completely before moving them off cookie sheets.
  • WARNING do not over bake these cookies or you'll have round bricks on your hands lol...
You might be wondering why I only treat myself to my beloved candy once a year.  Well, I'd probably  weigh a ton otherwise.  It's the only candy I can eat and not get sick of so I get one big can a year hahaha.  You can find it in any grocery store just look for the pink can.

Until next time, see  you in the kitchen,




















1 comment: