Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mrs. V's Bakery Style White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Can You Say YUM!?


These cookies are a huge favorite in my household and this morning I got up very early to bake a batch off to complete a birthday goody box for a very special young woman in my life named Kendall.  I love her dearly and wish I could be there in person for her birthday October 28th but instead am sending her a box of homemade yummy to her tummy goodies.  Yesterday I completed the banana nut bread and strawberry jam she requested and today the cookies and in about 2 hrs her package will be headed her way to Oregon.

These cookies can also be less sugarfied by using SPLENDA and nobody will know the difference.  When I want these cookies for myself that is how I make them however, this batch today is fully sugarfied ;-) ... I love making up my own baking terminologies hahaha.

I apologize, normally I take pics as I go but I couldn't find my camera this morning.  So, let's get our aprons on and make some cookies!


What You Need
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 sticks room temp butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar (or sub with 1 cup SPLENDA)
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar (or sub with 1/2 cup SPLENDA Brown Sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or hazlenuts) 
Let's Make Them!
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Prep your baking sheets with either parchment paper or spray lightly with flour baking spray.
  • In small bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda, mix and set aside
  • In large stand mixer bowl add butter and both sugars, beat on medium high until well creamed 
  • Add eggs and vanilla, beat again until smooth and creamy, stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula
  • Add flour mixture slowly, mix well, stop mixer again and scrape sides and add white chocolate and nuts, pulse on low to combine.
These are bakery style, in other words Jumbo size.  Use an ice cream scoop (I like this method best)  to dough these babies out or you can use a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup...works just as well.
Drop onto baking sheet two cookies per row (6 to a sheet) Press cookie dough down just a bit to flatten.  Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are a golden brown.

Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheets about 5 minutes before transferring to a cookie cooling rack
Use a wide cookie spatula to remove from sheets.

Guess what?  It's time to gobble them up!  You can print this recipe out just click on the green button below that says print friendly you will even be able to remove the graphics.  

Until next time, see you in the kitchen.  Tell me, what size cookie do you love best?  Regular drop size or jumbo/bakery size?

No comments:

Post a Comment