Mrs. V's Garden Fresh Marinara Penne Rigate
- 1 large 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 vidalia onion chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or splenda
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
In medium sauce pot combine all ingredients. On medium high heat bring to boil, drop down to low simmer, stir. Let simmer for 1 hour. Vegetables should still have a slight crunch to them. If you prefer your veggies less crisp then simmer for 1 1/2 hour. Stirring occasionally as it simmers.
Cook 1 lb. of penne rigate pasta per instructions. Once cooked and drained plate your pasta and pour sauce over top, add some fresh parmesan/romano blend on top. Serve with a fresh garden salad and garlic bread.
Tell me how you like it when you make it. Until next time, see you 'round the kitchen table.