Makes (5) half pint jars
- 4 large cucumbers diced in small to medium chunks (skins on)
- 1 large sweet vidalia onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of celery seed
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seed
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
Make sure to wash your veggies well with a vegetable wash. I use Citrus All Natural Veggie Wash
- Combine your chopped cucumbers (with skins on), onions, both peppers, in a large bowl.
- Cover veggies with cool water (I use filtered drinking water) and add the 1/4 cup of salt mix, cover and let sit for 2 hours
- Drain and rinse veggies well.
- In large sauce pot combine sugar, spices and vinegar. Bring to a boil
- Add your drained veggies bring back to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Pack hot relish into your hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, adjust your two piece caps
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water cannner
I hope you enjoy Mrs. V's Sweet Delish Relish (TM) as much as we do. Until next time...see you 'round the table.
I Like Hugs 'n' Kisses But What I Really
Is Help With The DISHES!