I woke up this morning to a lovely 64 degrees and a longing to bake again today. Yesterday at Sunflower I grabbed an assortment of fresh fruit specifically with this wee tart in mind. This will be dessert at Mrs. V's table tonight and can't wait!
What You Need
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 stick of butter room temp softened
- 1 - 8oz container of cream cheese spread
- 4 medium plums, thinly sliced
- 2 medium nectarines, thinly sliced (below is how the fruit should be sliced)
- 1/3 cup sugar or splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
Now Make It!
- Place flour, butter and cream cheese into food processor or blender
- Use a pulsing action until mixture is well blended and almost forms into a ball.
- Take out and shape into ball, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and put into fridge for 1 hour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll your dough out to a 12 inch circle
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick baking spray
( I use Bakers Joy) and set aside
- Toss your fruit with sugar, ginger and cornstarch and arrange decoratively over crust to within 2 inches of edge of crust.