Sunday, October 2, 2011

Its Fall In A Cookie: Blissful Butterscotch Pecan Delights Cookie


So, my niece and her family are coming over for dinner tonight and I decided to bake cookies to have for after dinner.  As I was walking down the grocery isle I saw butterscotch chips on sale at an amazing price and my mind started whirling as to what kind of cookie I can create with them and this is what I came up with.  I am calling them Blissful Butterscotch Pecan Delights.  I hope there are some left by the time the kids get here because Mr. V is gobbling them up pretty quick and he says it tastes "like Fall in a cookie."

I am giving you two versions of my cookie recipe.  One fully sugarfied and one de-or low sugarfied :-) I made them both ways.  Shhhh nobody can tell the difference, at least not around my house.

Ingredients (makes 4 dozen cookies)
  • 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (or 1/3 cup SPLENDA brown sugar)
  • 2/3 cup sugar (or 2/3 cup SPLENDA)
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray baking sheets with baking spray
  • In large mixing bowl (I use my KA) combine sugar, brown sugar, shortening, salt, both extracts, and baking soda and mix on medium high with hand or stand mixer until creamy
  • Add egg and mix again until smooth
  • Slowly mix in flour, add chips and nuts
  • With cookie scoop make 1 1/4 inch dough balls place them on your cookie sheet 2 inches apart
  • Bake cookies for 9 minutes, let cookies sit for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cookie rack to finish cooling.
Until next time, see you 'round the table,






    Where Meals and Memories are Made

    Blissful Butterscotch Delights Cookie created 10/2/2011 by Mrs. V’s Kitchen ask for permission to use on another blog/website by contacting Mrs. V

    No comments:

    Post a Comment