Saturday, October 29, 2011

Creamy White Fudge With Nuts A Family Favorite


Ahhhh this fudge has the hearts of my son Cameron, my niece Heather and my son's Nana.  Those three are my white chocolate lovers whether its in fudge form, cookies, truffles no matter if it's white chocolate these three have to have it.  It's rather funny too because we always get into the debate that white chocolate isn't really chocolate.  I am smiling as I type that we have a lot of fun with that debate.  Now my family loves macadamia nuts with their white creamy confections so I write this recipe with the macadamia nuts but you can use hazelnuts, walnuts and even pecans.  Just pick your favorite or leave nuts out.  Your call.  We're just a nutty kind of family :-)

What You Need

1 1/2 pounds of premium white chocolate
1 (14 oz) can of good quality sweet condensed milk
Dash of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 cups of chopped nuts of your choice (we use macadamia nuts)

Lets Make It!

  1. Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with wax paper.  Make sure paper extends over the edges of your pan
  2. Melt chocolate with the sweet condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan, over low heat.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and nuts right away
  3. Spread evenly into your pan
  4. Chill for 2 hours until firm.  You do not want to cover white chocolate it's much softer than regular chocolate and the condensation from covering will hinder the firming up of your fudge.
  5. Remove from pan by lifting up the edges of the wax paper, place on clean cutting board and cut into squares and watch it disappear in no time!
This year I want to make this fudge with dried cranberries.  I'll let you know how that pans out.  Okay well until next time, see you in the kitchen,






No comments:

Post a Comment